logo

First foreign holiday

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Mac 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
  • Jen Mac
    Participant

Hello! I am planning my first foreign holiday since having surgery 2 years ago. I have an ileostomy, so I am a bit nervous about changing my diet and travelling at all! Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Elizabeth123
    Participant

Don’t panic about going on holiday, you will be fine! Where are you going? I have travelled with ‘Sally’ a lot and am going to Spain in July and know that as long as I eat moderately and nothing too out of the ordinary that I will be ok. Bring a small back-up supply with you on the plane just in case your bag doesn’t make it at the other side, is delayed or you need to change on the move. Don’t stress too much and have a great holiday!

Aneica21
    Participant

Hi there I am actually feeling a bit nervous about going to Paris in July, don’t no whether its the first time I will be on holiday or with a stoma. any tips with travel insurers would be brilliant. I’m sure I will have a ball, but I hope you have a great holiday. xx

Jen Mac
    Participant

Thanks Elizabeth for the great tips – did you get your scissors on the plane OK? A friend also mentioned getting a letter or travel card to make the trip go smoothly.
    Hi Aneica! Paris is beautiful- I’m very jealous. I haven’t got my travel insurance sorted yet so that’s a good question. Do we need to declare our stoma ‘buddies’?
    Thank you for your help and advice – much appreciated!

Aneica21
    Participant

hi jean, well I was talking to people today and they said we should declare that we have our wee friends. I haven’t looked around yet but would need to. it will be great to get away for a while xx

Jen Mac
    Participant

Hi Aneica thanks so much for the info. I will get on the phone to my insurer.
    Hope you have a lovely time in Paris and that the strikes are resolved before then! Jen

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.