When you’re stranded on the sofa as a result of ostomy surgery you want to do some serious movie watching!
So if you’re stuck for ideas for movies to watch, here are our top ten movies to watch while recovering from ostomy surgery, ranging from the classics to newer favorites:
1. The Shawshank Redemption – Two imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency.
2. Anchorman – Ron Burgundy is San Diego’s top rated newsman in the male-dominated broadcasting of the ’70s, but that’s all about to change for Ron and his cronies when an ambitious woman is hired as a new anchor.
3. Lord of the Rings Trilogy – The Lord of the Rings is a film series consisting of three high fantasy adventure films directed by Peter Jackson. They are based on the novel The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
4. Gladiator – When a Roman general is betrayed and his family murdered by an emperor’s corrupt son, he comes to Rome as a gladiator to seek revenge.
5. The God Father – The aging patriarch of an organized crime dynasty transfers control of his clandestine empire to his reluctant son.
6. Pretty Woman – A man in a legal but hurtful business needs an escort for some social events, and hires a beautiful prostitute he meets… only to fall in love.
7. Pulp Fiction – The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster’s wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.
8. The Green Mile – The lives of guards on Death Row are affected by one of their charges: a black man accused of child murder and rape, yet who has a mysterious gift.
9. Bridesmaids – Competition between the maid of honor and a bridesmaid, over who is the bride’s best friend, threatens to upend the life of an out-of-work pastry chef.
10. Dirty Dancing – Spending the summer at a Catskills resort with her family, Frances “Baby” Houseman falls in love with the camp’s dance instructor, Johnny Castle.
What is on your to watch list? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to add them to the list!