From A Bigger Life
- Before you settle down for the night you should empty or change your pouch.
- If you have a urostomy pouch connect to an overnight drainage bag.
- Try and eat your main meal before 7pm in the evening to allow your stoma to do all its work before you settle down for bed.
- Be careful with your food choices. Try to avoid anything fizzy or fibrous food in your last meal before bed.
- People do tend to develop a bit of a sixth sense when they are becoming more comfortable managing their stoma. You will wake up in the middle of the night and realise that your pouch needs to be changed.
- Support your body with pillows, try and put one in between your legs or under your back. This will help you get into a really comfortable position to try and get a good night’s sleep.
I try not to eat anything after 6pm and empty my bag just before bed. This cuts down on visits to the toilet during the night… More
Share Your Experience
Do you have a story you want added to A Bigger Life?
Submit your own story and we will get back to you.