Beat the summer heat
From A Bigger Life
If you live in a warmer climate or if you are visiting a hot climate on holiday you should take into consideration the following points:
- The adhesive part of your pouch that sticks to your skin may react differently than what you are used to and may affect the wear time or how long the pouch stays secure for.
- The moisture on your skin from sweating may also affect the wear time and security of your pouch.
- The adhesive part of your bag and other products that you use such as seals may also leave a lot stickier residue on your skin when you are doing your normal pouch changes. It is important to travel with adhesive remover wipes to help remove that sticky residue.
- Always remember your fluid intake is very important. Ensure you drink plenty of water and carry a water bottle with you wherever you go.
- Always travel with more supplies than you think may be necessary to accommodate the potential change to your routine.
- In hot and humid climates it might be necessary to do your pouch change in front of a fan or air conditioned room if possible so your skin stays dry.
Remember having a stoma should never stop you enjoying the great outdoors and all the activities it has to offer.
You might be interested in:
Do you have a story you want added to A Bigger Life?
Submit your own story and we will get back to you.