Dealing with a blockage
From A Bigger Life
How to know if you have a blockage:
- Your stoma will stop working or you will only produce very loose liquid output.
- You might get cramps in your stomach or you may be sick.
What to do if you think you have a blockage:
- Lie down, relax, stop eating but continue to drink.
- If it is a food obstruction it could pass within a number of hours.
- If after 8 – 12 hours you haven’t had any normal bowel motion and continuing to experience abdominal pain or sickness you should visit A&E.
Do you have a story you want added to A Bigger Life?
Submit your own story and we will get back to you.